Paleo Beef Stew
Author: Stacey and Matty Date Posted:3 August 2017
Cooking Tip: Before roasting, microwave all root vegetables. This will pre-cook the vegetable and make roasting a hell of a lot faster as well as making the final product crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Depending on the size of your pumpkin, potato or other root vegetable will depend on how long you cook in the microwave for. Generally speaking 20 minutes is our go to cooking time for a filled microwave of root vegetables.
Training Tip: Video and watch back your training. You'll be suprised the improvements you can make with real time feedback from yourself. Do a lift. Watch the footage. Make the necessary corrections.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
This stew is ideal for a wonderful, lazy Sunday meal…loaded with all kinds of yummy flavors. And it’s so easy to make this classic comfort food dish – just chop the veggies, cube the meat, throw it all in the pot with the broth, wine and seasonings…and you can just set it and forget it. Gotta love that!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl whisk tomato paste into the beef broth. Pour over beef along with the wine.
3. Add carrots, onion and mushrooms along with garlic and remaining seasonings.
4. Give the ingredients a good stir, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours. It's done when the meat is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
By PALEO NEWBIE
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.
How to fry tomatoes25 June 2018There are different ways to fry tomatoes, but each of them will require cook to spend several hours in the kitchen, so this yavstvo is usually better correct do on weekends or for special occasions. When tomatoes are roasted, they get a deep taste and are combined with seafood, antipasto and other roasted vegetables. Moreover, they are good suitable for application in the baking industry, in making bread or cake with custard. <a href=http://stewedtomatoes.top/canning-stewed-tomatoes-with-ease>canning stewed tomatoes</a>