Cooking Tip: Add chunks of fresh ginger to your tea. The fresh ginger adds a spice/kick to the tea as well as having loads of health benefits. It has many medicinal benefits, can decrease nausea, reduce muscle soreness, decrease inflammation, can lower blood sugars and in turn can improve heart disease risk factors, can help with indigestion, reduce menstrual pain, help to lower bad cholesterol levels, improve brain function and fight infections, just to name a few... I think its safe to say it passes as a super food!
Training Tip: You shouldn't have pain through a movement. Yes you will build fatigue however if you get any sensation of pinching or pain there is an issue with your movement pattern that needs to be fixed. Although seeing a body therapist might help immediately it's likely the pain or uncomfortableness will return if you don't target your imbalance within your movement pattern.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
This dish will leaving you thinking you just enjoyed Chinese take-out, but is a much healthier alternative. Pair with stir-fry vegetables or cauliflower rice to complete the ensemble.
Prep time: 1 hour | Cooking time : 5 minutes | Serves: 4
1. Preheat the oven to bake at 425.
2. In a small sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
3. Turn heat to medium and add the ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and coconut aminos to the butter.
4. Allow mixture to come to a bubble, and allow to bubble while stirring for a minute or two, then remove from heat.
5. Place chicken legs in an oven save baking dish.
6. Pour sauce over each chicken leg.
7. Sprinkle each leg with salt and pepper.
8. Bake chicken at 425 for 45 minutes.
9. Allow chicken to cool for 30-45 minutes and then enjoy.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.