Cooking Tip: Sick of soggy lunches in takeaway containers? Pack your dry contents into one container and add in any wet ingredients when you're ready to have you meal. Although this may make for a little extra prep/washing up it'll make those healthy foods that much more enjoyable!
Training Tip: Somedays you just have to make sure you get to the gym... Whatever life want's to throw at you don't let it stop you getting in there. Those days you don't want to go are probably the best days to go and build mental resilience. Get in and force yourself to do a class. Once you surround yourself with people wanting to become better versions of themselves it'll help you to thrive!
Mindset Tip: Acknowledge and embrace your imperfections. Hiding from your weaknesses means you’ll never overcome them... Start with one and do a little bit of work on it everyday until it's no longer a weakness... And then get started on your next weakness!
If you are looking for a simple and quick recipe, this red curry squash chicken bowl is definitely the dish for you! Plus, the leftovers are almost even better than the day you prepared it. When you have a busy day, it is nice to be able to throw this together in less than a half hour. The flavors are rich, yet balanced, with the tiny bit of spice from the red curry paste, and the slightly sweet delicata squash. Paired with cauliflower rice that gets a little crispy cooked on the stove, this is an all around winner. Chicken is the perfect protein for this dish! It is mild and goes great with the squash and curry flavors.
1. Cut up chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cut up delicata squash and garlic. Rice cauliflower in a food processor with a grating attachment or with a hand grater.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Once the oil is hot add in chicken to cook, stirring occasionally, until the outside of of the chicken is white, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the delicata squash, curry paste, tomato paste, and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add the coconut milk and bring to a rapid simmer, then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the squash softens.
5. While chicken is cooking, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to low to simmer.
6. Serve the curry chicken over cauliflower rice.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.