Apple Cinnamon Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
Author: Matty and Stace Date Posted:14 December 2016
Cooking Tips: When making poached eggs, soak the eggs in white distilled vinegar before cracking them into the pan. By soaking for 5 minutes before cracking the egg into the barely simmering water you will cause it to keep its shape whilst not having the after taste of vinegar
Training Tip: Having trouble extending in your clean and snatch? Try looping some super light bands around your barbell and around some weight on the ground. This adds accommodative resistance to the movement. It will teach you to open your hips as well as force you to move a hell of a lot faster
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Apple Cinnamon Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash!
Imagine taking all of the best breakfast foods in life and mixing them together… Well… Imagine no more!
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 12 mins | Total time: 27 mins | Serves: Serves 2
- 2 cups of shredded sweet potato or yams
- ½ an apple, chopped
- 3 pieces bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup, optional
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee, bacon fat, or fat of choice
1. In a skillet over medium heat, render / cook the bacon until it's crispy. You can save the fat to cook the rest of the ingredients or pour off the fat and start over with a spoonful of ghee, coconut oil, etc.
2. Add the sweet potato to the pan, cooking on medium heat until they begin to get golden brown.
3. Add the apples and stir until they soften, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Season with the maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt, to taste.
Omit maple syrup for Whole30.
Bonus: For a one-skillet meal, remove the hash to a plate, then quickly wilt some spinach. Remove the spinach to the same plate, then fry or scramble eggs in the same pan.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.