Author: Stacy and Macy Date Posted:30 March 2017
After your weekly food preparation cook up, be sure to let your cooked food temperature drop before placing in the fridge. Even with a good container it will drop the temperature of the fridge which promotes mold.... Yuck!
Training Tip: Place one weakness into your warm ups everyday. You can even work on the same movement everyday for a week. For instance if handstand push ups were your weakness you could do; 1 set of max strict handstand push ups everyday for a week. Don't go overboard when setting the work. It should be easy enough to set up in your warm up and shouldn't take any longer than a few minutes.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Growing up, we used to eat BLT sandwiches a lot and the other day I got a hankering for one, sans bread of course. The BLT Bites with Paleo Chipotle Mayo totally blow regular BLTs out of the water.
Preparation: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Serves: Serves 2
- 4 pieces of good-quality bacon
- Coconut oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup chopped lettuce of your choice
- Chipotle mayo for topping
- *You will need 2 mini muffin tins for this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (177°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Grease the bottom of one muffin tin and the inside of the cups of the other with a thin layer of coconut oil. Start with one muffin tin upside down.
3. Cut each strip of bacon in half. (Again, it depends on the size of the bacon. Remember that it’ll shrink when cooked so some overhang is okay.) On one of the inverted cups, cross the bacon pieces, one on top of the other. Repeat until you’ve used up all the bacon. See the gallery for a photo.
4. Now place the other muffin tin on top of the bacon and press down firmly. I weighted mine down with a cast iron skillet.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Carefully remove the top muffin tin and bake for 5 more minutes or until the bacon cups are as crisp as you like them.
6. Let cool and then fill each one with tomato and lettuce and a drizzle of chipotle mayo!
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.